Dear members of APECS NL,
Two opportunities for those of you at the POLAR2018 conference:
a) Women in Polar Science Lunchtime panel (20 June):
The organizes of the Woman in Polar Science Lunch (20 June) are looking for volunteers to help out with logistics on site (e.g. at the door and helping with microphones etc.). If you are interested in helping out, please let me know as soon as possible.
b) Rapporteur for European Polar Board Meeting (15 June):
The European Polar Board is seeking a rapporteur to take minutes during their upcoming Spring Plenary Meeting, held at the POLAR2018 conference in Davos. The note taking will be for one full day on the 15th June, working with the EPB Secretariat. Cleaned and formatted notes should be provided to the EPB Secretariat by the evening of 17thJune.
A short online meeting between the selected rapporteur and the EPB Secretariat will be held during the week of the 4th June to clarify duties and go over the meeting agenda. Additionally, the rapporteur will attend a dinner meeting with the EPB Secretariat and Chair on the 14th June in Davos (costs covered by the EPB).
The EPB will provide for the selected rapporteur:
- Travel expenses up to €250
- 2 nights accommodation in Davos (14th – 16th June). Note – accommodation has already been booked and available for the rapporteur for these nights. The EPB cannot cover expenses for other accommodation.
- Costs for POLAR2018 business meetings registration (30 CHF)
- Costs for POLAR2018 business meetings reception registration (30 CHF)
- Dinner on the 14th and all meals on the 15th will be provided.
- Additional € 80 to cover any extra costs.
The copies of all receipts must be provided for the EPB to be able to cover any expenses.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please provide a one-page CV and a short statement detailing your previous experience as a rapporteur and motivation no later than Monday 4th June to firstname.lastname@example.org.